3/31/15

Joy

"The joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold." Nehemiah 8:10amp

It is indeed. I'm reminded again and again, but it truly hit me the other day. Our adversary is weakened when I'm singing praise to Jesus! When I look around and can see the positive and the amazing things that God is doing (whether in my own personal life or in the life of a friend), my heart rejoices and the doubts and fears that satan threw at me disappear. When that happens, when I stop focusing on me and focus on Jesus, the weaker and smaller satan seems. And the bigger and stronger God is!

Recently, I had a hard day at work and I was pushing my way through the fog, trying to see Jesus' Light. It was very slow going. But then. But then! A close friend sent me a text about an awesome thing God had done in her family's life and that's all it took. Suddenly the Light was shining clear and bright and the fog was gone. I only needed the reminder of where to look--UP! Not around.

Isn't God just amazing like that? :) He uses the simplest and smallest things to show His mightiest power. All I could do was sing loudly in my car as I drove home and let His joy make everything better. It didn't fix my own problems, I still had to deal with them. But I could deal with them with a brighter and shinier heart again. And sometimes? That's all I need to get me dancing again.

4 comments:

  1. I love that He is faithful to remind us right when we need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! *Double hands in the air emoji* Oh this is so good, friend. So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HE is so good, isn't He? :) Thanks, Ganise!

      Delete