4/25/18

unsettled truth

It's overcast & drizzly
the weather uncertain what it wants
Likewise my heart
Uncertain plans
Uncertain feelings
Uncertain life
Unsettled
The yellow truck whizzes by
a bit of happy in a grayish world
& my soul stretches out its arms
seeking rest & peace
A gentle reminder
just when I need it
God's got this!
Truth words given by a dear friend
who understands this unsettled way of being
The rain continues
pouring out of the sky
bringing crispness
& clarity?
Weakness is strength
Contradictory
Yet True
OUR weakness
HIS strength
& when can't He work mightily
when I'M out of the way?
Letting go
Prying my fingers
(joint by joint)
off of my life
Owning that I'm not capable
(of anything)
Yet HE is strength
& Peace
& Calm
especially in the midst of rain
He sends the yellow trucks
& the happy laughter behind me
& every tiny reminder that
He
Has
It
All
Under
Control
(no matter what it looks or feels like)
It can feel all willy-nilly
but it's not
It never is with Him
Ever
Remember that

kara
4.23.18

1 comment:

  1. We are at much the same place, friend and cousin! Our God is good. Life is uncertain. We. Are. Ok.
    Much love

    ReplyDelete