4/5/16

today

At that moment
                                  (that most unexpected moment)

when all the world was seemingly asleep
                                                                     (except me)

the phone rang
                                  ( :: missed call :: )

a message was left
                                      ( :: voicemail :: )

my heart sprang up with delight
                                                      (quickly dialing and .... *smile*)

and for just a few minutes
                                                 (a happy few minutes)

the sun was shining bright even in the dark
                                                                         :)


4 comments:

  1. I like this one best, as a whole. And once again, I like your last line best of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamlette: And here I've been thinking that this one maybe wasn't all that great! The more I read it again, the more I wasn't sure. So thank you! Your encouragement means more than I can tell you.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, you have a ridiculously gorgeous talent for making regular life into beautiful poetry.
    Keep writing. Keep telling stories.
    You have been given this gift. And it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah: This was a moment worth documenting! I just haven't been sure that the way I wrote it worked....So thank you! This was encouragement I needed today.

      Delete